Complex Chief Engineer Manager
The Complex Chief Engineer has overall responsibility for maintaining the buildings, grounds and physical plants with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Responsible for maintaining standards and regulatory requirements of all the three properties.
Reports to: Hotel Savoy, Hotel de Russie and Hotel de la Ville General Managers.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Supervises engineering and budgets operations for all the three properties, according to our standards and procedures;
- Manages the physical plants including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures;
- Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms;
- Develops an engineering operating strategies aligned with the property/brand’s business strategy;
- Oversees execution of long term preventative maintenance and 10 year asset protection plans;
- Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Engineering is performing against budget
- Addresses potential areas of concern and proposes solutions in a proactive manner;
- Supervises construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines;
- Maintains Engineering Standards, ensuring compliance with local and national regulations;
- Ensures that policies and procedures are complied with our standard of service;
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports;
- Prepares weekly and period end Profit & Loss critiques;
- Resolves guest problems and complaints in a timely manner
- Team Management & Collaboration: be a role model for team work, reward and encourage positive team play, within the department and with other departments. He/she will engage the Team Members, with an open communication, regular feedback and promoting a culture of trust, honesty and respect.
- Communication & personal effectiveness: communicate effectively and in an appropriate manner,using the most suitable channel and tailoring the approach to the audience. He/she takes ownership to initiate communication. He/she shares information across the business in a timely manner to inform better decisions. Self-awareness and self-control are a must. Set clear goals and expectations and identify clear priorities. Meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects successfully.
- Self & team developer: enthusiastic supporter of learning and development. Inspire and motivate others to achieve superior performance and to take on new learning opportunities. Discuss, plan, track and support own and team development and professional growth.
- Business orientation: Create an understanding amongst the team of how department performance impacts the business. Create action plans to improve performance when not meeting company requirements. Use understanding of the business to identify ways to increase revenue, reduce costs and minimise general expenses without affecting the quality of service to Guests.
- Technical Skills: Demonstrate technical and leadership competencies and knowledge related to the role. Look for Guest’s feedback and use it to improve service. Identify issues and solve them promptly and properly.
- At least 4 years’ experience in the engineering and maintenance management or related professional area;
- English knowledge at Intermediate level;
- A degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major;
- Technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
- Permanent labour contract according to C.C.N.L. Settore Turismo;
- Learning & Development activities;
- Career opportunities in Rocco Forte Hotels.
Retribuzione Annua Lorda: Retribuzione commisurata all'esperienza
Retribuzione Annua Lorda:
Retribuzione commisurata all'esperienza
Tipo di contratto: Contratto a tempo indeterminato
Tipo di contratto:
Contratto a tempo indeterminato